I love me some Instagram Stories! I’m becoming less and less of a grid girl (pah!) and focussing more of my social media energy on insta stories. I’m kind of assuming everyone else is doing the same too, especially as my watches (without a hash tag or location) far exceed likes on my pictures now. I hate to use this word when it comes to social media but they’re far more ‘real’ then a lot of the beautifully styled photography we see so much of on Instagram… which of course I love too. Give me a Peony shot any day!
Until I up my own insta stories game and pluck up the courage to actually show my face once and a while (at least you all know what my shoe collection looks like now!!) here are some of my favourite ladies to follow and watch on Instagram… who all show their faces!
- Cara Sutherland @carasuthers. Local gal with a gorgeous lifestyle, fashion, interiors blog, Within These Walls who’s all about the insta stories! You can’t help but be sucked in by Cara’s whit, honesty & beauty…. her own & her homes! Plus, I’m a big fan of a sweary story and love her ‘real’ (sorry, there’s that word again!) approach to parenting without just being a mama blog. Cara has an incredible 33+k followers so if you’re not following her already, who are you following?
- Elle @feathering_the_empty_nest Elle popped into the shop a few months ago on a visit to The Cotswolds and then very kindly mentioned Meggie’s on her Instagram stories and later in her blog post too, have a read here if you’re planning a Summer trip to The Cotswods. That day I must have gained 200+ new followers! Elle has a really touching, inspiring story behind the start of her blog Feathering The Empty Nest, focused on her love of interiors whilst renovating her home but similar to Cara (please tell me you two are actually friends?) I feel like insta stories’ is her thang! They’re so funny, totally addictive and I love seeing adorable Boris, Elle’s Pug on my screen.
- Dotty Boulton @stanleyandmaud Owner of the personalised jewellery company Stanley and Maud, Dotty is one of my favourites to follow. She’s just so endearing to watch, it’s always so lovely to see how much Dotty appreciates every customer, every order and the support she receives from her followers. She also does a great job of championing other makers, small business and girl bosses! Dotty and Stanley and Maud are literally smashing small biz life!
- Emily Coxhead @emilycoxhead Emily is created of The Happy Newspaper which I stock(ed. New editions coming soon) here at Meggie’s. I love Emily’s whole positive outlook on life, she’s totally committed to spreading happiness and joy to the world… seems to be working because her insta sure make me happy. She’s also gorgeous and hilarious, and have I mentioned hella inspirational too? I don’t know how she runs her empire single handedly (you’ll see a lot of through the night working/drawing/packing sessions from Emily) but she does and doing truly amazing things with it too.
- Emily Gandy @emily_lifewithemily I first started following Emily via Hero, a gorgeous fashion/lifestyle boutique in Stockbridge where Emily is the Marketing & Events Manager. Hero has always been one of my must visit, lust after shops on Instagram. Emily has recently started her own personal lifestyle blog Life With Emily I assume off the back of her popular Instagram page and stories. I love her stories enjoying the simple things in life; good coffee, good fizz, the countryside & walks with her gorgeous Cockapoo, all dusted with plenty of prettiness in perfect blogging style!
- Libby Hobbs @_anndhobbs Libby is the owner of &Hobbs which is one of those shops that gives me total #shopenvy. It is so beautifully styled, supporting indie makers, artists as well as hosting some lovely workshops and pop ups too. Libby perfectly promotes her shop and products on insta stories and most importantly her passion for what she does really shows. &Hobbs is top of my must visit bucket list for sure!
Click through to give these lovely ladies a follow, show them some love and please do comment below with some of your own favourite Instagrammers to watch.
Oh! and if you’re not already follow Meggie’s on Instagram you can find me at @shopmeggies. Ta!